How can I make quark crumbs ?
less than 30 min
- 500 g flour
- 500 g low-fat curd cheese
- 50g sugar
- 6 eggs
- Vanilla sugar or real vanilla
- 1 sachet baking powder
- 4 tbsp oil
- 6-8 tbsp milk
- 500g clarified butter to bake.
- Mix these ingredients into a dough that becomes quite tough and sticky.
- Then heat the clarified butter in a medium saucepan.It must be hot, but do not start smoking (if bubbles rise on a wooden spoon handle, the temperature is correct).
- Then use two teaspoons to cut dough pieces the size and shape of a walnut. Add approx. 10 pieces at a time to the hot fat.The curd ripples take about 8 minutes to cook inside.So switch the stove down to a low flame, otherwise they will burn on the outside before they are cooked on the inside!
- This quantity gives about 80 pieces.